PAIMA 37th Annual Convention
October 10th – October 12th, 2021 — Orlando, Florida – USA
UPDATED JULY 14, 2021
Dear PAIMA Members and friends,
It is with great regret that the PAIMA Board of Directors and our PAIMA Executive Director have had to reach, once again, the tough decision to cancel our PAIMA 37th Annual Convention later this year in Orlando, Florida (October 10th -12th).
This difficult decision is tied into the global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Specific reasons leading to this tough decision were many, but the most important key factors were the following:
1. The health and wellbeing of our PAIMA Members.
2. Current uncertainty with pandemic travel restrictions will not permit a 1/3 of PAIMA Members to attend the convention physically (in person) as per current PAIMA By-Laws, to meet the needed quorum to hold the PAIMA General Assembly sessions. (That is roughly 54 Active PAIMA Member companies).
3. Inability due to pandemic travel restrictions today, to guarantee minimum quorum from our PAIMA Board of Directors to attend the convention.
4. Uncertainty with actual numbers of attendees makes it impossible to confirm contracts and make deposits with selected vendors and venues.
5. As a small non-profit Association, this challenging decision is also tied into the long-term financial stability of the Association.
Other factors included the economic impact this pandemic has had on our industry and the costs associated with attending the conventions, the uncertainty of the social distancing guidelines, current travel, and quarantine restrictions which all of course impact the ability to deliver a quality program. It is hard to plan an event if you do not know who can or will attend the event. As we did last year since this ultimately is not anyone’s fault that this decision had to be made, the PAIMA Board of Directors will not count the years 2020 nor 2021 as part of our PAIMA 2014 By-Law amendment which states that every PAIMA Member must be registered to attend an Annual Convention at least once every other year. Like 2020, this was not an easy conclusion to reach but ultimately dictated by the health and wellbeing of our Members and the Association. We are aiming to plan an “un-official” PAIMA Member Group Dinner on October 12th in the evening, so please stay tuned for more details if you can attend the IAM Convention in Orlando this year.
Please mark your calendars for our PAIMA 38th Annual Convention to be held in Seattle, Washington from September 27th until September 29th, 2022.
Rest assured that next year’s convention in Seattle, Washington (USA); will be one for the record books. Wishing all of you, your families, and staff; health and safety and we thank you for your understanding and support.
PAIMA Board of Directors & PAIMA Executive Director
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS!
- Ace International Movers
- AMR International Relocation
- Bliss Moving & Logistics Srl
- Carl Hartmann GmbH
- Conroy Removals
- Dewitt Move Worldwide
- Galleon International Shipping Co Ltd
- Global Moving & Storage Ltd.
- Global Packing International Movers Ltda
- High Relocation Worldwide
- Humboldt International
- Moving Systems SAC
- Neygi Moving & Relocation
- Orient International Relocations
- Planes Moving & Storage
- Rodi Cargo International Group
- Suddath International
- Swiss Moving Service AG
- Teamwork International Moving
- TG International Insurance Brokerage
- Tippet Richardson
- Trafimar Relocation Services
- Wickman Worldwide Services